20130820

130820 Super Junior Kyuhyun’s graduation




                                                An attendance rate of 90%. Actively participates in student activites-



According to Kyunghee University, Super Junior’s Kyuhyun (full name: Cho Kyuhyun, 26 years old) who is a student at the Post-modern Music Department of the university will be receiving his graduation certificate on the 21st of this month.

Unlike other idols, Kyuhyun is drawing attention due to his over 90% attendance record and his sincere attitude.

He completed all of the courses required for graduation plus 130 credits (to graduate, one only needs to obtain 76 credits). In addition, he received much praise from his professors for the thesis (or essay) he wrote on performance life.

The fact that he attended the graduation concert and other student activities also earned him a lot of compliments as well. The online videos showing his performance with fellow classmates singing ‘Etude of Memory’ [translator's note: he actually sang that one alone] back in December of last year have been receiving a lot of attention.

Kyuhyun says, ‘Most idols enter universities through special programs. Although it’s an easer road to travel as you can choose to attend classes according to your schedule, I had the chance to fully experience the passion of students who enter the university through the university entrance exam system.’ [This is his polite of saying that he received no special treatment as an idol and got into the university through the entrance exams, like any other regular student].

He also says, ‘I usually slept over at a friend’s house the night before if I had class the next day. I would go to class in the morning and participate in the study groups in the evening.’

‘What I learned from my studies have been very helpful towards my activities as a singer’.

‘Although I can breathe a sigh of relief, I feel sad that I have to part with my classmates who have always given me a lot of help and support.’

Next month, Kyuhyun will continue his postgraduate studies at the same department of the university.


No comments:

Post a Comment